Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Swedish Triology

I am, of course, referring to the 3 books by Steig Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I finished the third one last week. I will admit that when I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last summer I was not that impressed. The first part of the story did not "grab" me and I found it a bit confusing. Also, this book has a lot of violence towards women and I wondered if I could take any more of that, so I put off reading the 2nd and 3rd books. However, I saw The Girl Who Played with Fire on the "on fire" shelf at Seward Memorial Library last month so I picked it up. The "on fire" shelf is reserved for books that are in constant demand and are therefore only available for 2-week check out, as opposed to the usual 4-week period.
I had a hard time putting down that book! Same with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, which I finished last week. I had to make myself accomplish one or two things around the house so I could give myself permission to sit for several hours of reading!

1 comment:

Susie said...

I've wondered about those books. Could a person start with the second book?