Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


Our traditional way to spend Memorial Day weekend is to work on projects around the house. Dave is staining the east side of our house. We hope to also get the south side and the deck finished sometime this summer. It is a good day to get some work done--some cloud cover, no wind (!) reasonable temperature.

Mine is an ongoing project: Make this flower border bigger. I can't remember why I wanted to do this now. It is a lot of work, and it probably will look bad all summer since I have gotten such a late start on it. I guess I could look at it and say that I am early for next season, and I will have a spot to move some of the plants I want to divide and transplant.

1 comment:

susiejwill said...

Oh, the perennials you can plant there! I'll help! Hosta, all colors of day lilies....